Car icon Mutilated Title

A mutilated Certificate of Title is a title incorrectly assigned, defaced or altered in any form. In such instances, the mutilated title must be surrendered to the County Treasurer in the county where it was issued and the owner(s) of record must make application for a mutilated title in the same manner a Duplicate Certificate of Title, by submitting an Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title.

The fee for a mutilated title is $14.00. Please contact your County Treasurer for information regarding acceptable methods of payment. Refer to the County Officials Listing for contact information.


Questions regarding Mutilated Titles may be addressed by email or by phone at (402) 471-3918.