ID card icon Certification of Sex Reassignment

Certification of sex reassignment can't be updated online.  Apply at any Driver Licensing Office if you have a certification of sex reassignment.

To apply for a replacement Driver's License, Permit or State Identification Card, a resident must submit the following:

  • Acceptable Proof of Identification - Nebraska requires one form of identification that includes name and date of birth to obtain a replacement driver license, permit or State ID Card.
  • Certification of Sex Reassignment Form completed by a Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy, Physician Assistant, Advanced Practice Nurse, or Doctor of Chiropractic to the Driver Licensing Office 
  • Complete a data form, Operators License-ID data form at a driver licensing office.
  • Two forms of proof of address (If address has not previously been verified, or if you have moved). Acceptable proof of address may be found at: Identification/Address/SS Verification Requirements.
  • If applicable, you will also be required to meet DMV vision and medical requirements.
  • The appropriate License Fees.Upon completion of processing and payment of the fee, the County Treasurer or Driver License Service Center (in Douglas and Sarpy Counties) will issue you a 30-day receipt, with driving privileges if appropriate. Your driver license, permit or State ID Card will be mailed to you within 14 business days. If you don't receive your license, permit or ID card within 20 days, contact Driver Licensing Services at 402-471-3861.
  • If you have changed your name, please also read the information on Name Change

Once a replacement document has been issued, the previously issued document is invalid and cannot be used as proof of identification.