An insurance company may make application for a salvaged branded certificate of title without obtaining a properly endorsed certificate of title from the owner if it has been at least thirty (30) days since the insurance company obtained oral or written acceptance by the owner of an offer in an amount in settlement of a total loss.
After making at least two written attempts to obtain the properly endorsed certificate of title from the previous owner, the insurance company may submit the following documentation for issuance of a salvaged branded certificate of title:
- an Application for Certificate of Title
- a Affidavit for Affirmation of Ownership of a Salvaged Vehicle Obtained in Settlement of a Total Loss
- evidence of a lien release, if applicable
- Note: if lien is held by a participating lienholder, the release must be electronically submitted which will create a paper title that is mailed as directed by the lienholder
- evidence of a total loss settlement (e.g. signed settlement agreement, settlement letter, copy of settlement check, etc)
- $10.00 fee
Questions regarding an Insurance Company Affidavit for Affirmation of Ownership of a Salvaged Vehicle Obtained in Settlement of a Total Loss may be addressed by email or by phone at (402) 471-3918.