Before submitting your application for a Message plate, you must have a Nebraska Certificate of Title in your name on the vehicle. If the vehicle is leased your leasing company must have a Nebraska Certificate of Title in their name on the vehicle. Applicants who are non-resident military must submit a copy of the vehicle’s registration and your name must appear on that registration. The most common reason for an application to be rejected is the applicant has not obtained the appropriate Nebraska title or included appropriate proof of lease or non-resident military ownership.
Registered Owner Information Section
- Name(s)of the registered owner(s)of the vehicle
- Address (city and zip code)
- Email Address(optional)
- Daytime phone number where the applicant can be reached during regular business hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST).
Vehicle Type Section
- Indicate vehicle type (i.e. passenger, motorcycle, autocycle or trailer)
Vehicle Information Section
- Vehicle Identification Number (please be very sure that this number is correct)
- Vehicle Make (i.e. Chevrolet, Ford, Nissan,Toyota,etc)
- Vehicle Year
- Vehicle Model
- Vehicle Body type
- County in Nebraska in which the vehicle is currently titled/registered
- County number designation (i.e. 1 – Douglas, 2 – Lancaster, 3 – Gage, etc.)
- Current license plate number
- Title number
- Indicate whether or not the vehicle is leased. If leased, indicate name of leasing company.
Plate Type Section
- Indicate on your application by checking the appropriate box the type of plates for which you are applying (i.e. Message plate).
If Submitting your Application by Mail
Be sure to enclose a check or money order made out to the "Department of Motor Vehicles" with the appropriate plate fee for your specialty plate.
We cannot honor a change of choice or request for refund after the application has been processed. A $30.00 processing fee will be added to all returned checks.
Applications by mail should be submitted, along with the appropriate fee, to:
Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles Driver and Vehicle Records Division
301 Centennial Mall South
PO Box 94789
Lincoln, NE 68509-4789