Tire icon Vehicles Exempt from needing a CDL

  1. Covered farm vehicles, including an articulated motor vehicle, operated anywhere in Nebraska and across state lines, provided it is operated within 150 miles of the farm or ranch.
  2. Recreational vehicles.
  3. Emergency vehicles operated by a public or volunteer fire department.
  4. Military vehicles driven by active duty military personnel.
  5. Vehicles driven by members of the military reserves, other than military technicians.
  6. Vehicles driven by active duty United States Coast Guard personnel.
  7. Vehicles driven by members of the National Guard on active-duty including:
    • Personnel on full-time National Guard duty;
    • Personnel on part-time National Guard training; and
    • National Guard Military Technicians required to wear military uniforms.