Checkbox icon Proof of Financial Responsibility

Proof of financial responsibility may be given by any of the following:

  • By filing with the Department of Motor Vehicles, a written certificate of insurance from any insurance company duly authorized to do business in the State of Nebraska, certifying that there is in effect a motor vehicle liability policy for the benefit of the person required to furnish the proof of financial responsibility.  Form SR-22 identifies the certificate of insurance.  We are not permitted to accept your insurance policy, binder or identification card for the vehicle as being the proper indication of your proof of financial responsibility.   Section 60-529 or 60-531
  • A Bond of a Surety Company duly authorized to transact business within the State of Nebraska or a bond with at least two (2) individual sureties who each own real estate within the State of Nebraska which real estate shall be scheduled in the bond approved by a Judge or a court of record.  This said bond shall be condition for the payment of the amounts specified in sub-section 10 in Section 60-501.  ($75,000.00)  Section 60-547 and 60-548
  • A Cash Bond in the amount of $75,000.00 furnished by certified check, bank draft, or money order.  Section 60-549
  • A certificate of self-insurance.  Section 60-562 to 60-564