A Certificate of Title is required for all motorboats in Nebraska, with the following exceptions:
- any motorboat manufactured prior to 11-1-1972;
- any motorboat owned by the United States or any agency or political subdivision;
- any motorboat owned by the State of Nebraska or any agency or political subdivision;
Anyone acquiring ownership of a motorboat that was previously owned by the United States or the State of Nebraska, and was therefore exempt from titling, must submit the following documentation to obtain a title:
- proof of purchase in the form of a notarized Bill of Sale
- a properly completed Application for Certificate of Title
a $10.00 fee. Please contact the County Treasurer for information regarding acceptable methods of payment. Refer to County Treasurer Listing for contact information.
For information regarding motor vehicle exemptions, refer to Motor Vehicles Exempt From Titling.
Questions regarding Motorboats Exempt From Titling may be addressed by email or by phone at (402) 471-3918.