State statute requires this be done within 60 days of the address change. Two forms of proof of new principal address will be required.
Change Your Address Online
You can obtain a replacement online to update your address if you:
- Hold a Class O (car) license, Class M (motorcycle) license or State ID Card.
- Have not changed your name since the issuance of your last license or State ID Card.
- Have not obtained more than two replacements within five years.
Note: If you need a Learner's Permit, School Permit, Provisional Permit, Commercial License or Commercial Permit replaced, you must apply in person at a Driver Licensing Office.
Change Your Address In Person at the DMV
You can also update your address at any Driver Licensing Office.
To apply for a replacement Driver's License, Permit or State Identification Card, a resident must submit the following:
- Complete a data form, Operators License-ID data form at a driver licensing office.
- Acceptable Proof of Identification - Nebraska statutes require one form of identification that includes name and date of birth to obtain a replacement driver license, permit or State ID Card.
- You will also be required to submit two forms of proof of address (If address has not previously been verified, or if you have moved). Acceptable proof of address may be found at: Identification/Address/SS Verification Requirements
- The appropriate License Fees.
- If applicable, you will also be required to meet DMV vision and medical requirements.
- Upon completion of processing and payment of the fee, the County Treasurer will issue you a 30-day receipt, with driving privileges if appropriate. Your driver license, permit or State ID Card will be mailed to you within 14 business days. If you don't receive your license, permit or ID card within 20 days, contact Driver Licensing Services at 402-471-3861.
Once a replacement document has been issued, the previously issued document is invalid and cannot be used as proof of identification.