An organization that meets the following requirements may make application for creation of a specialty plate representing that organization:
- The organization is a nonprofit corporation or a group of nonprofit corporations with a common purpose.
- The primary activity or purpose of the organization serves the community, contributes to the welfare of others, and is not offensive or discriminatory in its purpose, nature, activity, or name.
- The name and purpose of the organization does not promote any specific product or brand name that is on a product provided for sale.
- The organization is authorized to use any name, logo, or graphic design suggested for the design of the plate.
- No infringement or violation of any property right will result from the use of such name, logo, or graphic design.
- The organization will hold harmless the State of Nebraska and its employees and agents for any liability that may result from any infringement or violation of property right based on the use of such name, logo, or graphic design.
Submit Application to Create an Organizational Plate
Applications for specialty license plates will be accepted from organizations on an on-going daily basis on and after January 1, 2010. Upon receipt of an application the Department will acknowledge the receipt or request any additional information that is required. Certification or denial of the applications will occur on a quarterly basis (March, June, September, December).
Shortly after an application has been certified the organization will be notified that the required 250 prepaid applications from individuals for such license plate design along with one form of payment for the total amount due of $17,500 ($70 per application) may be submitted. Upon receipt of the 250 prepaid applications and payment the Department will begin production of the specialty plate design for that organization and will open the application for such plates to the public.
A suggested design for the plate must be submitted with the organization’s application, or at least 8 weeks prior to submitting the 250 prepaid applications.