Checkbox icon Default In Payment Unsatisfied Judgment Suspensions


If you entered into a written Installment Agreement to reinstate a suspension for an Unsatisfied Judgment and you fail to make the required payments – you will be suspended upon receipt of a written notice of default.


Reinstatement Requirements

You must submit the following requirements to the Department of Motor Vehicles, 301 Centennial Mall South, P.O. Box 94877, Lincoln, NE 68509-4877 or fax to (402) 471-8288:

NOTE: Requirements cannot be submitted to your local Driver License Exam Station

  1. Provide Proof of Satisfaction of Judgment.  Satisfaction can be in the form of a Release Form for Property Damage/Injury (which would include all damages and/or injuries incurred in the accident) or an  Installment Agreement Form showing you are making payments (to include all damages and/or injuries incurred in the accident).  The Release or Agreement document must be “filed” with the court of jurisdiction and you will need to ask the court for a “certified” copy (some courts have a small fee for certification).
    - OR -
    If the judgment rendered against you is dormant (a judgment becomes dormant five [5] years from the date of the last execution in the court), you can submit an Affidavit of Dormancy.
  2. File proof of future financial responsibility. This is normally provided in the form of a SR-22 Certificate of InsuranceThe SR-22 cannot be faxed.
  3. Pay a $50.00 reinstatement fee. Payment must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order made payable to the Department of Motor Vehicles or be paid online. When submitting payment by mail, include identifying information (i.e. name, date of birth, license or social security number and current mailing address). Payment submitted by personal or business checks or not for the required amount will be returned.



If the proof of satisfaction of judgment (i.e. release, agreement, etc.) indicates you made arrangements for restitution prior to the effective date of suspension, the SR-22 Certificate of Insurance and the reinstatement fee will not be required.