An autocycle is defined as any vehicle (§60-104.01):
- having a seat that does not require the operator to straddle or sit astride it;
- designed to travel on three wheels in contact with the ground;
- in which the operator and passenger ride either side by side or in tandem in a seating area that is completely enclosed with a removable or fixed top and is equipped with manufacturer-installed air bags, a manufacturer-installed roll cage, and for each occupant a manufacturer-installed three-point safety belt system;
- having antilock brakes; and
- designed to be controlled with a steering wheel and pedals;
A Certificate of Title is required prior to registration for all autocycles that will be operated at any time on public roads.
Application for title is submitted to the County Treasurer Motor Vehicle Office where you reside and must be obtained within thirty (30) days of purchase.
Proper evidence of ownership is one of the following:
- Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO)
- Certificate of title – properly assigned
- Vehicle’s last registration and a bill of sale if previous state was not a title issuing state
- Vehicle’s registered by the U.S. Military: U.S. Military Registration Document
- Vehicle’s sold by the U.S. Government: U.S. Department of State Certificate of Title see appendix page A-32 for an example)
- Vehicle’s registered in a foreign country: a current Registration Certificate and/or a Bill of Sale, foreign country ownership documents and import papers (for information regarding imported vehicles, please refer to: Motor Vehicles Imported from Foreign Countries)
- Court Order
AND all of the following documents:
- an Application for Certificate of Title
- $10.00 titling fee
- a Vehicle Inspection is required if proof of ownership is anything other than a Nebraska Certificate of Title or MSO
Questions regarding Autocycles may be addressed by email or by phone at (402) 471-3918.