Tire icon Non-Domiciled CDLs

Non-Domiciled Commercial Driver's Licenses (CDLs) are issued to applicants that:

  1. Are domiciled in another State that has been placed out of compliance and forbidden from issuing CDL documents by FMCSA.
  2. Are domiciled in a foreign country (except Canada or Mexico)

Non US Citizens obtaining a Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) or Commercial Driver's License (CDL) must prove lawful status every time they apply for a document and verity thru the SAVE program. Non US Citizens presenting a Record of Arrival and Departure (I-94) or Employment Authorization Card (I-766) are issued a Non Domiciled CLP or CDL document.

For additional information please contact the DMV home office at 402-471-3861.