Car icon Motor Vehicles Exempt from Titling

A Certificate of Title is required for all types of vehicles driven or moved on the highways and roads of Nebraska, with the following exceptions:

  • Vehicles owned by non-resident military members if the vehicle is currently titled in another state
  • Vehicles owned by non-residents conducting business in this state if the vehicle is titled in another state (and registering as a non-resident)
  • ATV’s sold new prior to January 1, 2004
  • UTV's sold new prior to January 1, 2011
  • Minibikes sold new prior to January 1, 2004
  • Mopeds (with pedals)
  • Snowmobiles
  • Off-road designed vehicles (including Electric Personal Assistive Devices)
  • Road and general construction maintenance equipment not designed or primarily used for the transportation of persons or property
  • Trailers with a gross weight, including load, of 9000 pounds or less (utility trailers)
  • Trailers used exclusively by farmers or ranchers to haul their own product from ranch storage or market




Questions regarding Motor Vehicles Exempt From Titling may be addressed by email or by phone at (402) 471-3918.