In order to base in Nebraska, the motor carrier must:
- Maintain an established place of business in Nebraska, operational records must be maintained or made available in Nebraska, and mileage is accrued in Nebraska or
- The fleet is most frequently dispatched, garaged, serviced, maintained operated or otherwise controlled from or in Nebraska
Motor Carrier Services reserves the right to make the final decision regarding the base jurisdiction of all fleets.
What is an Established Place of Business?
Established Place of Business means a building or office located in Nebraska and the physical address on the application must list this address. The business must be open during regular business hours. You must have one or more permanent employees reporting for work at this address and conducting trucking-related business on behalf of the company.
If you do not have an Established Place of Business in Nebraska or any other jurisdiction, you must qualify as a resident of Nebraska.
In order to prove residency, you must be able to provide your Nebraska driver's license and at least 2 of the following:
- Copy of Federal Income Tax return showing Nebraska physical address
- Copy of NE Income Tax return showing Nebraska physical address
- Copy of real estate or personal property tax statement showing Nebraska physical address
- Copy of utility bill showing Nebraska physical address
- Copy of personal vehicle title/registration showing Nebraska physical address
- Copy of rental/lease agreement for residence
- And other proof the department deems pertinent
The department reserves the right to make the final decision regarding the Base Jurisdiction of all fleets. If you have questions in your ability to satisfy the above listed requirements, contact Motor Carrier Services.