The Motor Carrier Services Division offers a number of different on-line services to eligible carriers. You do not need a user id or password to access these services.
- Submit IRP Renewal - During the time October 1 through January 31, carriers can renew their IRP registration on-line. This includes the ability to print a copy of the renewal bill.
- Pay IRP Bill - Pay your IRP bills using a credit card (VISA, Mastercard or Discover) or by e-check.
- Submit IFTA Renewal - During the time October 1 - March 1, carriers can renew their IFTA on-line.
- Submit IFTA Return - File and print your IFTA quarterly returns.
- Pay IFTA Balance - (If you have a credit, you can request a refund too.)
- Print a Blank Return - This will print a blank tax return for the year and quarter entered.
If you have a return on file, this will produce an amended tax return.
Reporting Services with multiple clients or IRP carriers with a significant amount of regular activity can complete an application for on-line access. Once enrolled, you will be given a user id and password. In addition to the services listed above, Premium users can issue IRP temporaries and have access to their IRP account information.
If you are interested in accessing the Motor Carrier Services Online Services, download an enrollment form (PDF).
Adobe Acrobat Reader
- A current version of Acrobat Reader is required. Acrobat Reader is a free plug-in that enables you to view and print documents from Motor Carrier Services. A current version of Acrobat Reader is recommended. Click on the following link to download and install Acrobat Reader from Adobe. It is recommended that any previous version of Acrobat Reader be uninstalled prior to installing the current version. http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
- Blank pages - When trying to print a PDF document, use the print icon in the upper left corner of the Acrobat Reader, not the print function of your web browser.
- Cannot print - If you are using a laser printer, but are not using a PostScript printer driver, you may wish to do so. If you do not have one for your printer, you will need to obtain one from your printer's manufacturer.
- Improving printing - Printing results can sometimes be improved by setting your printer's properties to print TrueType fonts as graphics or bitmaps.
- Words running together - If the type appears bunched together after printing a document, it is likely that you will need to obtain the latest printer driver for your printer. Most printer manufacturers have updates to their printer drivers available on their web sites.
- Changing appearance of printout - You may also be able to improve print quality by clicking the "Shrink to Fit" option in your printer's setup.
Blank Document Appears on Screen
- If a blank document appears on your screen, when trying to view a document, try clearing out your cache, or temporary Internet folder, through the Options in your web browser. Your browser saves temporary files to your hard drive to speed up the loading of web pages. When the directory or folder containing that information is full, Acrobat pages may not load properly.
Saving a PDF file to your hard drive
- You can save PDF files to your hard drive for viewing and printing later. More information is available from Adobe's web site.