Front of a Semi-Truck icon Motor Carrier Online Services FAQs

When are Online Services Available?

Online services will be available 7 days a week 24 hours a day with the following exceptions .....

  • Second Saturday of each month 3:15 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. (CST)
  • As required for system maintenance.


When do I need a User ID and Password?

The User ID and password are necessary to issue your own IRP temporary registrations.   To apply, print a copy of the on-line application found in the Getting Started section.   A PDF version of the application can be printed from this screen.   Mail or fax (402-471-4024) your application to our office.   Our office will look at your history of IRP temporary registration activity and will notify you if you qualify.   Once qualified, a User ID and password will be issued.


Do I need a User ID and Password to submit an IFTA return?

No.  Click on "Submit an IFTA Return" from the Motor Carrier Online Services main page.   For security purposes, you will be required to enter the federal identification number of your company and the "Nebraska" diesel miles filed on your last return.   This information will allow you access to the entry screens.


When I click on "Submit an IFTA Return" nothing happens.

If you are not able to see the web page when you click on "Submit an IFTA Return" there may be a firewall or DSL router preventing you from accessing the site.


I am having problems viewing my reports.  What's wrong?

Typically this problem is related to an old version of Acrobat Reader installed on the carrier's computer.   Review software requirements in the Getting Started section to make sure your software is at the current version.

If you are still experiencing problems viewing your reports make sure you are not using a "pop-up blocker".  A pop-up blocker is usually used to prevent new windows from being opened with unwanted advertisements.  In this case, it may prevent a new window from being opened with your report.


My password has expired.  What do I do?

Passwords expire every 60 days.  Once your password expires, the system will navigate you to issuing a new one.  You will need to know your current password in order to change it.   

If do not know your current password, contact Motor CarrierServices Division at (402) 471-4435 and ask to have your webuser password reset.


I completed my IFTA return with errors.  How do I fix it?

Entering your IFTA return via the web is the same as filing it on paper.  If you've made an error in entering your miles or gallons and completed the processing, youwill need to contact our office.   An "amended" return with instructions will be mailed to you.