Veterans' Designation on Nebraska License or ID
Qualifying veterans may register to have a Veteran's designation displayed on your Nebraska license or ID card.
To be eligible:
- Register with the Nebraska Department of Veteran's Affairs Registry online at https://www.nebraska.gov/va_registry/index.cgi or contact the Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs at 402-471-2458.
- Once your registration has been confirmed with the Nebraska Department of Veteran's Affairs, you can either request the designation be added at the time of your renewal, for no additional fee OR apply for a replacement document online or at any driver licensing office. If you apply for a replacement, the replacement document fee will be charged.
- To ensure your Driver Record has been updated to reflect your registration you must wait at least one business day to add the designation to your document.
Questions related to Veteran's Registry registry should be directed to:
Nebraska Department of Veteran's Affairs
301 Centennial Mall South
Lincoln, NE 68509
Step 1: Register with the Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs Military & Veterans’ Registry
Nebraska Military Honor License Plates
The Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles is privileged and proud to be able to acknowledge the strength, courage, and sacrifice of those who have served, or are currently serving, on active duty in the United States Armed Forces with the introduction of Nebraska’s Military Honor License Plates! Military Honor license plates are available, in lieu of regular county plates, to persons who have served, or are currently serving, on active duty in the:
- United States Army
- United States Air Force
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Marine Corps
- United States National Guard, or
- United States Navy
Questions regarding Specialty Plates may be addressed by email or phone at 402-471-3918.