A Farm Husbandry Permit authorizes the operation of minitrucks and farm husbandry equipment.
- Farm husbandry equipment is defined as off road vehicles designed for agricultural, horticultural or livestock-raising operations or for lifting or carrying an implement of husbandry.
- A minitruck is defined as a foreign manufactured import vehicle or domestic manufactured vehicle which:
- Has an engine of one thousand five hundred cc’s or less,
- Is 67 inches or less in width,
- Has a dry weight of 4,200 pounds or less,
- Travels on four or more tires,
- Has a top speed of approximately 55 miles per hour,
- Is equipped with a bed or compartment for hauling,
- Has an enclosed passenger cab,
- Is equipped with headlights, taillights, turn signals, windshield wipers, a rearview mirror and an occupant protection system, and
- Has a fourspeed, five-speed or automatic transmission.
When applying for your Farm Husbandry Permit you must bring the following documentation to the DMV:
Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Status, containing Name and Date of Birth, and Identity.
Principal Address in Nebraska (at least two documents are required).
Applicants must disclose their valid social security number which can be verified through the Social Security Administration or show proof of exemption from the requirement by presenting a valid, unexpired Record of Arrival and Departure in a valid foreign passport (I-94 or I-94A).
- See a full list of Document Verification Requirements acceptable items.
13 if you live on a farm or 14 if employed on a farm for compensation.
Temporary and Special: vision, written and drive tests. A tractor written and a tractor (Class O) drive are required. If the applicant is stating they drive a mini truck, a Class O written and drive test are required. If they do not drive a mini truck, a “Z – no mini truck” restriction will be placed on the FHP. A county extension course completion certificate will waive the tractor written and drive tests.
Temporary; six months from date of issuance; Special: 16th birthday. Temporary Permits are non-renewable
Farm Husbandry Permits (Special and Temporary) Fees
|Type of Document||Fee||Security Surcharge||Total|
|Change of class, endorsement or restriction||$5.00||$2.50||$7.50|