Latest Information on Driver Licensing Services (updated 7/7/20 at 8.35am)
Services are split between the State DMV and counties. Save yourself any frustration by contacting the right team. County contact information can be found here.
- Executive Order 20-05 has been rescinded:
- Expired driver licenses, State IDs, or permits must be renewed by August 31, 2020.
- Vehicle titling and registration requirements must be completed by August 31, 2020.
- All drivers aged 72 and older whose license has expired, or is due to expire between March 1 and December 31, 2020, will have their license automatically extended for one year from the date of expiration printed on the license. A copy of the executive order can be found here.
- A list of frequently asked questions on this executive order can be found here.
- Customers visiting the DMV for a drive test are required to bring their own face covering to be worn during the test.
- Appointments for drive tests are required at our Lincoln West O and Omaha Metro offices in Bellevue. The Omaha Metro West office will begin scheduling drive test appointments on Monday, July 13th.
- Drive tests are available on a walk in basis at all other open offices, as normal.
- Phone lines are open 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday to schedule drive test appointments at Omaha Metro South and Lincoln West O.
- Customers (Omaha Metro South and Lincoln West O) are being asked to call the phone number corresponding with their last name:
- 531-800-4258 (Last name starts with A-F)
- 531-800-4380 (Last name starts with G-L)
- 531-800-4687 (Last name starts with M-R)
- 531-800-3140 (Last name starts with S-Z)
- If a customer needs to cancel their appointment, they call on 531-800-4795.
- Appointments are not available for other services.
- CDL drive test appointments must be made by calling 402-471-7983.
- Please contact your local DMV office to schedule a motorcycle drive test.
- Contact details can be found at https://dmv.nebraska.gov/dl/motorcycle-testing-appointment-information.
Omaha Metro West service center
- Driver licensing services will be available at the new Omaha Metro West service center from Wednesday, July 15th. The Omaha Metro West office is located at:
17007 Burt Street, Omaha, NE 68118
Open Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
Temporary Service Arrangements (Lancaster County)
- New car titling and registration renewals may only be completed at the 625 N. 46th Street office. The drive-thru window will be open for registration renewals only.
- Driver licensing services will only be provided at the 500 West 'O' Street location.