Driving records are a matter of public record. As a result, any individual or business who requests a copy of a driving record and certifies that the purpose for the request meets one of the Exempted Uses listed in the Uniform Motor Vehicle Records Disclosure Act, may purchase a copy of a driving record.
The Following Information Appears on a Driving Record
Record Holder Identification Information
- Name (aka’s if applicable);
- Date of Birth;
- Driver’s License Status;
- Physical Address (Mailing address if applicable);
- Physical description of driver’s license holder (sex, race, height, weight, eyes color, hair color);
- County of residence;
- CDL Medical and Self-Certification Information(CDL employers only).
Driving License/Permit/ID Card Information
- Driver’s License, Permit or ID Card Number;
- License class;
- County of issuance;
- Date of issuance;
- Date of expiration;
(this section will appear blank if there are no convictions or withdrawals)
- Convictions/Administrative Adjudications;
- Administrative Withdrawals.
For detailed explanation of terms used on a driving record, refer to Reading and Understanding a Driving Record.