Car icon Camper Unit Permit

Camper Unit Permits are issued for any structure designed and intended to be placed on a truck to provide living quarters and can be removed from the truck without dismantling or damage when ordinary care is exercised. 

The permits are issued for a calendar year and expire on January 1. When renewing a Camper Unit Permit, the expired permit must be surrendered to the County Treasurer.

Self-propelled mobile homes and mobile homes do not fall in this category.

Camper Unit Permits are required for all camper units located in Nebraska for thirty (30) consecutive days or more. The Permit cannot be transferred. If unit is sold, new owner must obtain a new permit.

Once the Application for Camper Unit Permit and Decal is processed, the County Treasurer will issue a registration and a decal. The decal must be attached to the camper unit so that it is clearly visible

Camper Unit Permit Fees

Unit Fee
One $2.00

Please contact the County Treasurer for information regarding acceptable methods of payment. Refer to County Treasurer Listing for contact information.


Questions regarding Camper Unit Permits may be addressed by email or by phone at (402) 471-3918.