ID card icon Seasonal Permit (SEP)

A Seasonal Permit (SEP), when held in conjunction with a Restricted Commercial Driver’s License (RCDL), allows a Nebraska resident to drive a Class B or C Commercial Motor Vehicle for purposes of farm related or farm related service industry within 150 miles of employer’s place of business or the farm or ranch currently being served.

Employees working for the following farm related or ranch related service industries may be issued a Seasonal Permit:

  • Custom Harvesters
  • Retail Agricultural Outlet or Supplier
  • Agricultural Chemical Business
  • Livestock Feeders

The permit is valid for 180 consecutive days May only be issued once in a 12-month period.

Minimum age


Seasonal Permit Fees

Type of Document Fee Security Surcharge Total
Original $10.00 $4.50 $14.50
Replacement $10.00 $4.50 $14.50
Change of class, endorsement or restriction $10.00 $4.50 $14.50